Plastic Injection Molding Service
Low-volume and mass production
Injection molding prototyping
Plastic Injection Molding Company
Plastic Injection Molding Machines
8 Japanese TOSHIBA 230Ton
3 HAITIAN 168Ton
Plastic Mold Tooling Equipments
Injection Molding Materials
We have wide selection of more than 100 thermoplastic and thermoset materials, and customer-supplied thermoplastics are also accepted.
You can freely customize plastic parts or rubber products of different materials. If you need to discuss the performance of the material and the use environment, please contact us. We will give you professional advice.
A number of colorant options are available, through Pantone color number selection or customer-provided color samples.
Surface Finishing on Steel Molds and Plastic Parts
- Laser engraving
- Threaded Inserts
Surface treatment of Plastic parts:
- Custom color matching
- Pad printing
- Laser engraving
- Oil painting
- Silk screen
- UV coating
- Water transfer printing
- Logo text printing
- Threaded inserts
- Basic assembly
Color Match – Pantone Charts
Pantone Chart is critical in achieving the desired color in custom plastic parts. This system provides a standardized color matching mechanism, allowing manufacturers to match colors for consistency across different production batches precisely.
When designing plastic parts, the Pantone Color Matching System (PMS) is often used to specify the exact shade required. The plastic resin can then be colored using masterbatch colorants or pigments that match the chosen Pantone shade. This ensures that the color of the finished product aligns with the intended design, regardless of where or when it is produced.
These are mainly three kinds of custom plastic color methods.
- Toner mixed with plastic raw materials
- Toner mixed with raw materials and extruded
- Masterbatch method
Why Choose Our Company
More than 20 years factory experience. Maintain accurate and efficient processes with you in each process communication. Reduce your risks and costs, and ultimately provide quality products and services.
Carefully review all the information you provide. Discuss your unique design with you, evaluate the cost, and even help you optimize parts and make design changes through our design services.
Recent Projects – Case Studies
Here kindly have a study on our experience and knowledge of plastic injection molding manufacturing and product development. Hope we could help you optimize your product designs and gain a better understanding of the world of rapid prototyping, precision machining, mould tooling, and high-volume injection molding. Our team is ready to help with your next project! Read more cases…
Injection Molding Services for BMW Water Tank
Injection Molding & Overmolding Services for Bus Card Reader
Clear Injection Molding for LED Street Light Lenses
Guide of Plastic Injection Molding Mass Production
1.What is plastic injection molding?
Simply described, plastic injection moulding is a process of melting plastic pellets and injecting them into a mould or cavity to form a shape.
Once the shape is formed, the material is cooled, ejected from the machine and a finished, functional, esthetically pleasing injection moulded product or part is ready!
It is by far the most common way to produce large volumes of custom plastic parts for every kind of commercial and industrial use.
2.Mold building is the key to plastic injection molding
It is of utmost importance to select the right mould tool for your project. The plastic injection mold is the vital link in the chain that holds the whole process together. It is the key to ensuring all the components in production arrive at the end-stage accurately and of high quality.
According to the complexity of the product, the injection time, the difficulty of demolding, and the requirements for production capacity select the appropriate material for the mould, design the appropriate number of cavities, and select the appropriate machine for injection production.
There may also be multiple cores and cavities in one mould tool, so that many components may be made within a single cycle of injection moulding.
3.The steps of plastic injection molding process
Once your mold has been carefully designed and manufactured, the molding process includes the following basic steps:
- Step 1: Prepare plastic raw materials and dry the materials.
- Step 2: The raw material particles can be mixed with the masterbatch to create the correct colour for the design.
- Step 3: Pour the dried pellets into the hopper of the molding machine. Preheat the pellets in the barrel until they are completely melted to form a liquid resin.
- Step 4: Fix the injection mold on the machine, and perform it opening and closing tests. The purpose is to test whether the mold is installed properly and whether it opens and closes smoothly.
- Step 5: Adjust the injection pressure and temperature. The plastic raw materials in the molten state are injected into the mould cavity through the gate under huge pressure.
- Step 6: The material completes the solidification process of the plastic part within the set dwell time and cooling time.
- Step 7: The machine automatically opens the mold and ejects or pushes out the parts.
- Step 8: Set the robot to automatically grab the parts and place them on the designated workbench. Then start a new cycle.
The process is carried out as shown above, and products can be continuously manufactured through repeated cycles.
4.Three important aspects that affect the effect of plasstic injection molding
- 1. Control of raw materials. Before putting into production, check the quality of raw materials to avoid pollution and impurities.
- 2. Effective management of moulds. In many cases, the waste of production comes from the damage of the mold. In the process of mould production and preservation, a comprehensive record of the manufacturing process, mold trial conditions, production conditions, and maintenance conditions are comprehensively recorded.
- 3. Correct operation and adjustment of the injection molding machine. Injection temperature and pressure, mold temperature, injection time, etc., directly affect the quality of injection molded products.
5.Industries and applications for plastic injection molding
Plastic injection molding is the most suitable service for a single part or final product which needs to be produced in large quantities (thousands to millions of pieces).
Various industries and applications rely on the production of objects and components produced by injection molding.
The frequently used items include auto parts, medical equipment and instruments, household appliances, small kitchen appliances, daily consumer goods, telecommunications electronics, computers, LED light lens, toys and game products, Packaging, industrial products, etc.
6.The five main advantages of plastic injection molding
- Repeatability – the same shape can be produced in the millions.
- Accuracy – The manufactured product or part is not only repeatable, but can always maintain consistent tolerances and appearance.
- Capacity to Custom Parts – Special materials and complex processes can be customized to reflect many characteristics of injection molded parts.
- Manufacturing Efficiency – In the era of Industry 4.0, the production process can be adapted to large batches and shorter operating cycles. The injection molding machine is equipped with robots to meet 7/24 services.
- Sustainable Cost-Effective Production – The use of recyclable materials in the injection molding process makes the manufacturing process sustainable. Due to recyclability and availability, the raw materials used for injection molding reduce production costs.
Find More Supporting Services about Sungplastic
Sungplastic is a full-service parts manufacturer providing high-quality mold making, plastic injection molding and CNC machining services. We are committed to helping you and your projects succeed, focusing on speed, quality and cost. Find more manufacturing capacities for your project.
Overmolding & Insert Molding
Get a free quote and design analysis today.
We’ll reply you within 6 working hours.
We respect your privacy.
+86 139 2927 4777 (WhatsApp, Wechat)