Custom Metal Parts
Sheet Metal Stamping
Metal Injection Molding
As a metal parts fabricator, Sungplastic always delves into custom metal parts manufacturing and is committed to producing high-quality metal parts at a competitive price.
What is Custom Metal Parts Fabrication?
Custom Metal Parts Manufacturing Services
Plan Your Metal Fabrication with Us.
Design and Engineering
Forming and Shaping
Machining and Finishing
Different Metal Materials
- Steel: Strong, versatile, and widely used in construction and manufacturing. Types include carbon steel, stainless steel, and alloy steel.
- Aluminum: Lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and ideal for aerospace and automotive applications.
- Copper: Excellent electrical conductivity, used in wiring and electrical components.
- Brass: Corrosion-resistant alloy of copper and zinc, valued for its aesthetics and low friction.
- Bronze: Durable alloy of copper and tin, often used in sculptures and bearings.
- Titanium: High strength-to-weight ratio, used in aerospace, medical implants, and sports equipment.
- Nickel: Resistant to corrosion and heat, essential in the chemical and aerospace industries.
- Stainless Steel: Corrosion-resistant and hygienic, used in kitchen appliances and medical equipment.
- Cast Iron: Heavy and brittle, used in construction, cookware, and engine components.
- Lead: Dense and malleable, used for radiation shielding and batteries.
- Zinc: Corrosion-resistant, used as a protective coating (galvanization) and in die-casting.
- Magnesium: Lightweight and strong, used in aircraft and automotive parts.
- Tungsten: Exceptionally high melting point, used in electrical filaments and heavy machinery.
- Hastelloy: Corrosion-resistant alloy, vital in chemical processing.
- Inconel: High-temperature and corrosion-resistant alloy, used in aerospace and nuclear industries.
- Monel: Resistant to saltwater corrosion, used in marine and chemical applications.
- Platinum: Highly durable and resistant to oxidation, used in jewelry and catalytic converters.
- Gold: Malleable and ductile, valued in jewelry and electronics.
- Silver: Excellent electrical conductivity, used in electrical contacts and jewelry.
- Tin: Low melting point, used for soldering and as a protective coating.
Surface Finish Options for Metal Parts
Surface finish is the final process in the manufacturing operations. It can provide aesthetics to custom metal parts.
A metal coating is applied to the part’s surface through electrolysis. Improves corrosion resistance and appearance.
- Electroless Plating
Similar to electroplating but without the need for an electric current. Provides uniform coating even on complex shapes.
- Anodic Oxidation (Anodizing)
Forms a protective oxide layer on aluminum surfaces, enhancing corrosion resistance and providing color options.
- Chemical Treatment
Chemical processes like passivation and pickling can clean, treat, or modify the surface of metal parts for improved properties.
- Vacuum Plating
A thin layer of metal is deposited onto the part’s surface in a vacuum chamber, creating a reflective or decorative finish.
- Hot Dipping
The part is immersed in a bath of molten metal, forming a uniform coating. Common for galvanizing steel parts.
Surface coating with paint or powder coating for corrosion protection and aesthetics.
- Thermal Spraying
Uses heat to melt metal or ceramic materials, which are then sprayed onto the part’s surface to create a durable coating.
Applications of Custom Metal Parts
Custom metal parts are essential for industries and projects that require precision, durability, and specific material properties tailored to their unique needs. The ability to design and produce custom metal parts ensures that products and systems can be optimized for performance, safety, and efficiency. Applications of custom metal parts are diverse and span various industries.
Some common applications include:
- Automotive Industry
Custom metal parts are used in vehicle manufacturing for components like engine parts, brackets, chassis components, and exhaust systems. These parts often require precise machining and tolerances.
- Aerospace Industry
Aircraft and spacecraft rely on custom metal parts for critical components such as landing gear, turbine blades, structural components, and engine components. These parts must meet stringent quality and safety standards.
- Manufacturing and Machinery
Custom metal parts play a vital role in the production of industrial machinery and equipment. Examples include gears, shafts, bearings, and specialized tooling required for manufacturing processes.
In construction, custom metal parts are used for structural components like beams, columns, and trusses. They are also used for architectural features, such as metal railings, gates, and decorative elements.
Custom metal parts are used in the electronics industry for enclosures, heat sinks, brackets, and connectors. These parts are often designed to dissipate heat efficiently and protect sensitive electronic components.
- Medical Devices
Precision custom metal parts are essential in the medical device industry for applications like orthopedic implants, surgical instruments, and diagnostic equipment.
- Oil and Gas
Custom metal parts are used in the extraction, processing, and transportation of oil and gas. Examples include valves, flanges, and drilling equipment.
- Energy Generation
Components in power generation plants, including turbines, generators, and heat exchangers, often require custom metal parts designed for specific energy generation processes.
- Food and Beverage Industry
Custom metal parts are used in food processing equipment, such as conveyor systems, mixers, and packaging machinery. Stainless steel components are common due to their corrosion resistance.
- Customized Prototyping
Engineers and product designers use custom metal parts in prototype development and testing to validate designs before mass production. Rapid prototyping techniques like 3D printing can produce custom metal parts quickly and cost-effectively.
- Art and Sculpture
Artists and sculptors use custom metal parts to create unique and intricate sculptures and art installations, ranging from small decorative pieces to large outdoor installations.
- Defense and Military
Custom metal parts are used in the manufacturing of military vehicles, weaponry, and defense equipment, including specialized armor and components for military vehicles and aircraft.
- Automotive Industry
Sungplastic Helps with Custom Metal Parts
Sungplastic is equipped with:
Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Services (CNC Machining, Injection Molding, Metal 3D Printing…)
Wide Range of Metals and Custom Metal Materials
Modern Technological Equipment and Machinery
Professional Designers and Skilled Workers Teams
Market Competitive Price and Standard Quality Control to Metal parts
Capacities: Small or Large Metal Parts in small or Large Volume Production
Get a free quote and design analysis today.
We’ll reply you within 6 working hours.
We respect your privacy.
+86 139 2927 4777 (WhatsApp, Wechat)