Plastic Mold Manufacturing
Custom Mold Design / Precision Mold
Injection Molding Production
Plastic Mold Factory in China
As an experienced mould manufacturer, Sungplastic is committed to providing mold design and plastic mold manufacturing services. At the same time, we provide one-stop services for parts design, mold tooling, injection molding and project management.
Our customers often invite us to participate in the product design process because they know that we can use our experience to help them analyze the rationality of product design and the feasibility of production. The result of this is a correctly designed and built mold that can be used to efficiently produce high-quality plastic parts.
Sungplastic’s mold building ensures the precision to meet product requirements, sufficient service life, and the best cost performance. Send us your CAD or 3D drawings, and we can use them directly for work. Or tell us your idea, we can realize it together. We are glad to service you. let’s get started with your next project.
Test Mold to Mass Production Mold
Fast Aluminum Mould
Mold Design Service
Professional plastic mold design engineer team with more than 13 years of experience.
Provide you with engineering design services for complex products or individual components.
Functions include CAD modelling, 3D mold design, DFM (manufacturing design), mold flow analysis.
Mold Tooling Capability
Excellent mold manufacturing team and injection molding technicians.
Our mold room is equipped with advanced equipment to provide the precision, hardness, rigidity and thermal stability required for mold manufacturing and mold adaptation. We will manufacture your molds on the best equipment.
6 CNC Machines
Plastic Mould Steels
When selecting materials, please consider material characteristics, functions of different mold parts, mold accuracy, characteristics of injection molding materials used, product appearance, mold life, and processing costs.
- Stainless Steel
Surface Treatment for Plastic Mold
Mold steel treatment:
In addition to the high enough strength and willfulness of the mold during work, its surface properties are very important to the working performance and service life of the mold. These surface properties refer to wear resistance, corrosion resistance, friction coefficient, fatigue coefficient, etc. This can be achieved through the surface treatment technology of the mold steel.
- Heat treatment
- Thermal refining
- Vacuum Carburizing
- Vacuum nitriding
Mold core cavity surface treatment:
Since each plastic product has different appearance requirements, we will do the corresponding cavity surface pattern treatment for the mold.
- Sand blasting
- Brush finishing
Take A Tour of Our Manufacturing Process
Why Choose Sungplastic?
Strict Quality Control
Plastic Mold Is at The Heart of Mass Manufacturing
1.What is plastic mould tooling?
Injection mold is a tool for producing plastic products, giving plastic products a complete structure and precise dimensions. Injection molding is a processing method used in mass production.
Injection molds are divided into thermosetting plastic molds and thermoplastic plastic molds according to their molding characteristics. According to the number of mold cavities, it is divided into a single-cavity injection mold and a multi-cavity injection mold. According to the dimensional accuracy of plastic parts, it is divided into general injection moulds and precision injection moulds. According to the mold casting system, it is divided into cold runner mould and hot runner mould.
Choosing the right mold tool for your project is the most important. Because a complete project is generally composed of multiple components. Ensuring that all components are completed and assembled accurately and with high quality is the key to obtaining the final product. Plastic moulds are an important link in the chain that connects the entire process.
2.What are the structures of the plastic mold?
The basic structure of the injection mold can be divided into seven parts according to its use function: pouring system, lateral parting, guiding mechanism, ejector, cooling and heating system, exhaust system and mold inserts. The analysis of these seven parts is as follows:
- The pouring system refers to the plastic flow channel in the mold from the nozzle of the injection molding machine to the cavity. The ordinary pouring system is composed of main runner, branch runner, gate, cold slug hole and so on.
- Lateral parting and core pulling mechanism.
- In the plastic mold, the guiding mechanism mainly has the function of positioning, guiding and bearing a certain side pressure to ensure the accurate clamping of the moving and fixed molds. The mold clamping guide mechanism consists of a guidepost, a guide sleeve or a guide hole (directly opened on the template), a positioning cone and so on.
- The ejector device mainly plays the role of ejecting the parts from the mold. It is composed of ejector rods or ejector pipes or pushes plates, ejector plates, ejector rod fixing plates, reset rods and pull rods.
- Cooling and heating system.
- Exhaust system.
- Mold inserts refer to the parts that constitute the mold cavity. Mainly include: punch, die, core, forming rod, forming ring and inserts and other parts.
3.How to make the best plastic injection mold?
To make a perfect injection mold, these five tips must be done!
- 1.Process analysis of plastic products.
Before the mold design, the designer and the mold maker should analyze whether their plastic products conform to the principle of injection molding. Including the geometric shape, dimensional accuracy and appearance requirements of the product, necessary discussions, try to avoid unnecessary changes in mold manufacturing.
- 2.Mould structure design.
A set of high-quality molds requires not only good processing equipment and skilled mold making workers but also good mold design. An excellent mold design is: on the premise of meeting the requirements of the customers, the processing cost is low, the processing difficulty is small, and the processing time is short.
To achieve this, it is necessary not only to fully digest the customer’s requirements but also to have an understanding of the injection molding machine, mold structure, processing technology and the mold factory’s own processing capabilities, so as to improve the level of mold design.
- 3.Determine the mold material and select standard parts.
In the selection of mold materials, in addition to considering the accuracy of the product, product quality, and mold life, it is also necessary to combine the actual processing and heat treatment capabilities of the mold factory to give the correct choice. In addition, in order to shorten the manufacturing cycle, use existing standard parts as much as possible.
- 4.Parts processing and mold assembly.
Except for the best structure and reasonable tolerance fit in the design, the precision of the mold is very important for parts processing and mold assembly. Therefore, the choice of processing accuracy and processing method occupies an absolutely dominant position in mold manufacturing. In order to reduce mold manufacturing errors, the machining accuracy should first be improved. With the use of CNC machine tools, this problem has been well controlled. In addition, in order to prevent errors caused by mold wear and deformation, the cavity, core and other key parts should be quenched in molds with high processing accuracy and large product output.
In order to solve the error caused by uneven shrinkage of the moulded part and the inconsistency between the predetermined shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, 1/3 of the product tolerance is generally selected during mold manufacturing as the manufacturing tolerance of the mold. Large adjustment room to solve the error caused by the molding process.
- 5.Try out the mold.
A set of molds only completes 70% to 80% of the entire manufacturing process from design to assembly. For the errors caused by the inconsistency between the predetermined shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, whether the demolding is smooth or not, how the cooling effect is, especially the influence of the size, position, and shape of the gate on the accuracy and appearance of the product, it must be tested by mold trial. Therefore, mold trial is an indispensable step to check whether the mold is qualified and select the best molding process.
4.Plastic mold design and analysis
Fourteen steps of mold design and analysis:
- 1. Product analysis and summary. Lock the mold opening direction and product structure.
- 2. Product DFM report production. Analyze and review the product structure, processing, and molding problems, and clarify the specific plan.
- 3. Product parting. Create a parting surface, separate the front and rear molds, and then structure the product shape to lay out the approximate frame of the waterway and the thimble, and then lock the mold core size.
- 4. Mold structural design. The slider design is carried out in combination with the product structure, and the slider frame is designed based on the mold core.
- 5. Mould base design.
- 6. The design of the product ejection structure. Confirmation of ejection height and determination of inclined roof.
- 7. Design of runner system. If there is a hot runner, first determine the position of the glue feeding point and the style of the hot runner, and then customize the hot runner.
- 8. The design of inserts. Analyze the risk of processing or size of the product for insert design.
- 9. Waterway design. Design the water circuit in combination with the overheated or easily deformed area of the product during molding.
- 10. Positioning system design. Combining the accuracy of the product with the life of the mold, the precise positioning of the mold is designed.
- 11. Layout and optimization of accessories. Layout design of mold prying angle, support column, trash top, limit block, etc.
- 12. The design of the exhaust system. Under normal circumstances, the front and rear mold core parting surfaces and the sliding block parting surfaces need to be designed with exhaust grooves.
- 13. Organize the BOM. Combine the 3D drawings of the mold to make the bill of materials.
- 14.2D drawing. Make 2D machining drawings of each mold part.
5.The impact of molds on injection molding
- 1.Mold design affects product quality at least 70% of the influencing factors of the quality of injection products are in the mold. For the appearance of the product, the skin texture surface mainly depends on the skin texture effect of the mold, and the smooth surface and mirror surface mainly depends on the polishing quality of the mold cavity surface. In addition to the impact of product shrinkage and injection molding process, the most direct impact is the dimensional accuracy of the mold. The higher the dimensional accuracy of the mold, the higher the dimensional accuracy of the product.
- 2.Mold design affects molding cycle
In the mold design, the gate location and waterway layout will affect the molding cycle of injection molding. The short molding cycle directly improves the efficiency of injection molding production and increases the production capacity of the injection molding machine, which also means a reduction in production costs.
- 3.Other influence
The design of the mold runner system will affect the weight of injection molding waste, which is actually an increase in production costs.When designing the mold, it is necessary to consider the realization of injection molding production automation, such as smooth ejection, no need for post-processing, stable production and no quality risk. If the mold cannot meet the requirements, it will inevitably increase labour costs and increase the instability of product quality.The mold design is reasonable, and the product meets the requirements, without post-processing, such as flash repair, gate cutting, orthopaedics, and full inspection.
6.How to choose a reliable plastic mold factory?
1. Don’t just focus on product design and ignore plastic mold manufacturing.
When you develop a new product, please contact the mold factory in advance after the product design plan is initially determined. It can ensure that the designed product has a good forming process. The mold maker can prepare the mold design in advance. The supply and demand sides cooperate closely to ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
2. Don’t just look at the mould price, but from the full range of quality, cycle, and service.
- Choose different types of molds according to different requirements of parts materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy and so on.
- High-precision molds need to be processed by high-precision CNC machine tools, and mold materials and forming processes have strict requirements. CAD / CAE / CAM mold technology is also required for design and analysis.
- The manufacturer should have CNC, EDM, wire-cutting machine tools and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinders, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instruments, computer design and related software.
- When choosing a cooperating manufacturer, you must understand its processing capabilities, as well as management level, processing experience and engineering support.
- Reasonable mold cost is necessary. Mold manufacturers, like you, must make reasonable profits in their business. Ordering a set of molds with a much lower quotation is likely to be the beginning of trouble. Please proceed from your own requirements and comprehensively measure.
3. Avoid multi-head collaboration, try to make plastic molds and product processing through one-stop.
- With qualified molds (the test piece samples are qualified), it may not be possible to produce batches of qualified products. This is mainly related to the selection of the part processing machine tool, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the technical quality of the operator.
- With a good mold and good injection molding processing conditions, it is best to cooperate with the factory in one-stop. This is conducive to unified management, efficient communication, and time and costs savings.
Find More about Sungplastic
CNC Machining Process
Injection Molding for Mass Production
Fast Aluminum Mold
Get a free quote and design analysis today.
We’ll reply you within 6 working hours.
We respect your privacy.
+86 139 2927 4777 (WhatsApp, Wechat)